When the ice cream van comes along, ringing its tinkling bell, the thing children are most excited by isn’t what they are going to get from the van, but what it looks like. There are many ice creams and ice-lollies painted on the van that the ice-cream seller doesn’t even sell. Why? Because it matters what the advertising looks like. Facebook advertising might not quite work in the exact same way but it is a close enough analogy that advertising matters.
The following are some things you must know about before your start Facebook advertising for your business –
• Create An Attractive Facebook Page – Advertising on Facebook without creating a page is like investing money without having any future plans for the gains you are going to make. So, the first thing you need to do is to create a page on Facebook for your business. When the prospective customers click on your ad and like what they see, they will visit your Facebook page, and this will be your chance to convert one time buyers into long time customers.
• Monitor Campaign Performance – Getting Facebook advertisements right is an art and it takes some time to get the hang of it. This is why you need to monitor your campaign to make sure that all ads are working, and if some aren’t, to change them for better results. Not all your ads would be audience attractions, so you must keep an eye on everything to stop wastage of precious money.
• Design Images Professionally – Ultimately, it is the image and the quality of it that will pull audience towards you. It is not just about the text, a good image design has to go with it. Take the help of professional services for this purpose and get the design of your image professionally done. Getting posters or images designed for your Facebook advertising campaign does not have to cost a lot either. It can be done affordably.
• Clear Goals – What is the end result of this campaign? Do you want more awareness for your business? Is it Facebook likes and followers you desire? Or is it more specific than that – aimed towards a particular product launch? Whatever it is needs to be clearly laid out in your mind and that is how you should approach your Facebook advertising campaign. Always have a call to action in whichever ad you place and make sure it echoes your final goal.
• Target Audience – Facebook has a huge audience spanning over various demographics. You have to choose your target audience among all these people and businesses. It is never prudent to aim to target all the people on Facebook. Choose a target customer base and cater to them for maximum success.
The above tips will ensure your Facebook advertising campaign is a winner. If you’d like to know more, check out this post on Orange Digital’s blog.